This research was supported by grants R01 NR 03548 and R01 NR 03550 from the National Institute on Nursing Research. The authors acknowledge and express their appreciation for the many students and parents/guardians whose participation in this study enriched their understanding of youth suicide potential. They are also grateful to the C-CARE intervention specialists and CAST group leaders who implemented the interventions, as well as the many school nurses, counselors, and teachers who reached out to the students participants, making them feel more supported, self-competent, and less vulnerable. The care and concern of these individuals helped the youths and demonstrated that prevention can work to decrease youth suicide potential.
Immediate Post Intervention Effects of Two Brief Youth Suicide Prevention Interventions
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2011
2001 The American Association for Suicidology
Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 41–61, Spring 2001
How to Cite
Randell, B. P., Eggert, L. L. and Pike, K. C. (2001), Immediate Post Intervention Effects of Two Brief Youth Suicide Prevention Interventions. Suicide and Life-Threat Behavi, 31: 41–61. doi: 10.1521/suli.188.8.131.5208
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Submitted: November 27, 1998 Revision Accepted: August 4, 1999
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!