This study was supported in part by a grant from the Indian Health Service and T34-MH19101. Over the years, the authors have received valuable help and advice from David Broudy, PhD, and Jeanne E. Ainsley from the Office of the Medical Investigator of the State of New Mexico. Also, Tony Ortiz, Patricia Totmachi, and Lena Towles of the Vital Records Division, Health and Environment Department of the State of New Mexico have been efficient, helpful, and always supportive. Several students have assisted with the processing of this data set and also research technician Susan Himes. All research protocols were reviewed and approved by the Oklahoma State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Institutional Review Board (# 9798012).
Alcohol and Suicide Death Among American Indians of New Mexico: 1980–1998
Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
2002 The American Association for Suicidology
Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 240–255, Fall 2002
How to Cite
May, P. A., Van Winkle, N. W., Williams, M. B., McFeeley, P. J., DeBruyn, L. M. and Serna, P. (2002), Alcohol and Suicide Death Among American Indians of New Mexico: 1980–1998. Suicide and Life-Threat Behavi, 32: 240–255. doi: 10.1521/suli.18.104.22.16872
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: August 13, 2001 Revision Accepted: January 29, 2002
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!