CLIMATE AND ANTHROPOLOGY
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1947 American Anthropological Association
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 601–611, October-December 1947
How to Cite
GLADWIN, T. (1947), CLIMATE AND ANTHROPOLOGY. American Anthropologist, 49: 601–611. doi: 10.1525/aa.1947.49.4.02a00070
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1905 The Evolution of Species through Climatic Conditions. Science, n.s., Vol. 22, pp. 661–668.
- 1936 Studies of the Energy Metabolism of Normal Individuals. American Journal of Physiology, Vol. 116, pp. 468–484. , , and
- 1937 Lane Medical Lectures: the Mechanism of Heat Loss. Stanford.
- 1946 Upfront the Ape. 2nd ed. N. Y..
- 1930 Thermal Adjustment of Man and Animals to External Conditions. Lancet, Vol. 2, pp. 561–567, 617–621, 673–678.
- 1939 Medical Climatology. Springfield, Illinois.
- 1942 Climatic Effects on Growth and Development, with Particular Reference to the Effects of Tropical Residence. American Anthropologist, n.s., Vol. 44, pp. 1–13.
- 1945 Influence of Environmental Temperatures on Warm-Blooded Animals. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 46, pp. 97–105.
- 1928 L'ologenèse humaine. Paris.
- 1934 Climatic Influence on the Growth of the Male Albino Mouse. American Journal of Physiology, Vol. 107, pp. 635–640.
- 1943 Rapid Acclimatization to Work in Hot Climates. American Journal of Physiology, Vol. 140, pp. 168–176. , , , and
- 1939 In: A.Grenfell Price, White Settlers in the Tropics. American Geographical Society, Special Publication No. 23, N. Y. Appendix 1.
- 1915 Some Studies of the Environmental Influence, Heredity, Correlation and Growth, in the White Mouse. Journal of Experimental Zoology, Vol. 18, pp. 325–432.
- 1922 Studies in the Adaptation of Albino Mice to an Artificially Produced Tropical Climate. American Journal of Physiology, Vol. 60, pp. 397–447.
- 1945 Basal Metabolism from the Standpoint of Racial Anthropology. American Journal of Physical Anthropology, n.s., Vol. 3, pp. 1–19.