THE RUBRIC “FISHING AND FISHERIES”
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1948 American Anthropological Association
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 238–246, April-June 1948
How to Cite
HEWES, G. W. (1948), THE RUBRIC “FISHING AND FISHERIES”. American Anthropologist, 50: 238–246. doi: 10.1525/aa.1948.50.2.02a00050
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1946 Social Biology of Greek Culture Growth. American Anthropologist, 48: 493–533.
- 1946 A Reconsideration of Shellmounds with Respect to Population and Nutrition. American Antiquity, 12: 50–52.
- 1937 A Sample Comparative Analysis of Material Culture. Studies in the Science of Society, G. P.Murdock, ed., pp. 225–246. New Haven.
- 1945 Mainsprings of Civilization. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- 1940 Crops, Soils, and Culture in America. The Maya and Their Neighbors, pp. 32–40. D. Appleton-Century, New York.
- 1939 Vitamin Content of Certain Pacific Fish Oils. Food Research, 4: 145–158. , , and
- Murdock, G. P., and others 1945 Outline of Cultural Materials. Yale Anthropological Studies, Vol. Ii.
- 1938 Trout Streams; Conditions that Determine Their Productivity, and Suggestions for Stream and Lake Management. Comstock, Ithaca.
- 1939 Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and their Effects. Foreword by E. A.Hooton. New York and London.
- 1938 The Salmon and Salmon Fisheries of Swiftsure Bank, Puget Sound, and the Fraser River. U. S. Bureau of Fisheries, Bulletin No. 27, Vol. 49: 693–823. , and
- 1923 Die materielle Wirtschaft bei den Naturvölkern. Quelle und Meyer, Leipzig.
- 1937 Statistical Correlations in the Science of Society. Studies in the Science of Society, G. P.Murdock, ed., pp. 495–517. New Haven.
- 1923 Marine Products of Commerce; Their Acquisition, Handling, Biological Aspects … etc. New York.
- UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR 1945 Fishery Resources of the United States. 79th Cong. 1st Sess., S. Doc. 51.
- 1945 A Preliminary Report on the Fishery Resources of California in Relation to the Central Valley Project. California Fish and Game, 31: 35–52.
- 1938 The American Indian: An Introduction to the Anthropology of the New World. 3rd. ed. New York.