Ethnography, Cultural and Social Anthropology
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1953 American Anthropological Association
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 527–534, October 1953
How to Cite
LOWIE, R. H. (1953), Ethnography, Cultural and Social Anthropology. American Anthropologist, 55: 527–534. doi: 10.1525/aa.1953.55.4.02a00060
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1952 “Arctic Hysteria” and Latah in Mongolia. Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences. Ser. II, Vol. 14: 291–297.
- 1919 The Hawaiian Romance of Laieikawai. 33d Annual Report, Bureau of American Ethnology: 285–666.
- 1951 The Kumulipo: A Hawaiian Creation Chant. University of Chicago Press, Chicago.
- 1916 Tsimshian Mythology. 31st Annual Report, Bureau of American Ethnology.
- 1927 Primitive Art. Oslo, Aschehoug.
- 1907 Games of the North American Indians. 24th Annual Report, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington.
- 1950 Social Organization of the Western Pueblos. University of Chicago Press. Chicago.
- 1951 Social-Anthropology. Free Press, Glencoe, Ill.
- 1951 Contemporary British Social Anthropology. American Anthropologist 53: 474–489.
- 1953 The Structure of Unilineal Descent Groups. American Anthropologist 55: 17–41.
- 1922 Early Civilization; an Introduction to Anthropology. Knopf, New York.
- 1953 Aboriginal Fish Poisons. Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 151: 225–283.
- 1924 The Yukaghir and the Yukaghirized Tungus. American Museum of Natural History, Jesup Expedition, Memoirs 9; Part 2. Leiden.
- 1926 The Yukaghir and the Yukaghirized Tungus. American Museum of Natural History. Jesup Expedition. Memoirs 9; Part 3. Leiden.
- 1935 History and Science in Anthropology. American Anthropologist 37: 539–569.
- 1951 A Mohave Historical Epic. Anthropological Records 11, No. 2: 71–176.
- 1935 The Reindeer Tungus of Manchuria. Journal of the Royal Central Asiatic Society. 22: 221–231.
- 1933 More Comprehensive Field Methods. American Anthropologist 35: 1–15.
- 1951 British Social Anthropology. American Anthropologist 53: 465–473.
- 1931 Comparative Ethnographical Studies. Vol. 9. Göteborg.
- 1952 Historical Note on British Social Anthropology. American Anthropologist 54: 275–277.
- 1915 Literary Aspects of North American Mythology. Canada Department of Mines, Geological Survey, Museum Bulletin No. 16. Ottawa.
- 1948 Winnebago Hero Cycles: a Study in Aboriginal Literature. Supplement to (Memoir 1) International Journal of American Linguistics 14, no. 3.
- 1949 The Culture of the Winnebago: as described by themselves. Supplement to (Memoir 2) International Journal of American Linguistics.
- 1947 An Analysis of Coeur d'Alene Indian Myths. Memoir 41, American Folklore Society. Philadelphia.
- 1911 The Baganda. Macmillan, London.
- 1911 The Veddas. Cambridge, University Press. and
- 1947 Wind River Shoshone Literary Forms: an Introduction. Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. 37: 329–352.
- 1936 Profane Literature of Buin, Solomon Islands. Yale University Publications in Anthropology 8.
- 1896 On American Lot-Games as Evidence of Asiatic Intercourse before the Time of Columbus. Internationales Archiv für Ethnographie 9: 55–67.