I wish to record the indebtedness of the investigation which has been outlined in this paper to T. B. Davie, Principal of the University of Cape Town, whose stimulating interest in the work has earned for us the financial support of a group of generous Benefactors of the University. It gives me special pleasure also to acknowledge a more recent grant which the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc., has generously put at our disposal to assist the continuation of this research.
Saldanha Man and His Associations*
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1954 American Anthropological Association
Volume 56, Issue 5, pages 879–884, October 1954
How to Cite
Drennan, M. R. (1954), Saldanha Man and His Associations. American Anthropologist, 56: 879–884. doi: 10.1525/aa.1954.56.5.02a00150
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1947 New studies on Rhodesian man. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland 77:7–32. , , and
- 1929 An australoid skull from the Cape Flats. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 59:417–27.
- 1953a A preliminary note on the Saldanha skull. South African Journal of Science 50:7–11.
- 1953b A new race of prehistoric men. The Illustrated London News 223:480–83.
- 1953c The Saldanha skull and its associations. Nature 172:791–92.
- 1953 Hopefield; the site and the man. South African Archaeological Bulletin 8:41–46.
- 1953 A new fossil man from South Africa. Nature 172:652.