The Dominant Value Profile of American Culture
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1955 American Anthropological Association
Volume 57, Issue 6, pages 1232–1239, December 1955
How to Cite
DU BOIS, C. (1955), The Dominant Value Profile of American Culture. American Anthropologist, 57: 1232–1239. doi: 10.1525/aa.1955.57.6.02a00130
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1954 Theory construction for the comparative study of values in five cultures: a report on the value study. Harvard University, Laboratory of Social Relations: Value Study. (Dittoed.).
- 1952 Japanese-American personality and acculturation. Genetic Psychology Monographs, No. 45:3–102.
- Kluckhohn, Clyde and others 1951 Value and value orientation in the theory of action. In Toward a General Theory of Action, ed. TalcottParsons and Edward A.Shils, pp. 388–433. Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University Press.
- 1947 American culture: generalized orientations and class patterns. In Conflicts of Power in Modem Culture: Seventh Symposium, ed. LymanBryson, pp. 106–28. New York, Conference on Science, Philosophy and Religion in Their Relation to the Democratic Way of Life, Inc. (distributed by Harper and Bros.). and
- 1950 Dominant and substitute profiles of cultural orientations: their significance for the analysis of social stratification. Social Forces 28:376–93.