The Sickle-Cell Gene: Migration Versus Selection
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1956 American Anthropological Association
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 293–295, April 1956
How to Cite
MEDNICK, L. W. and ORANS, M. (1956), The Sickle-Cell Gene: Migration Versus Selection. American Anthropologist, 58: 293–295. doi: 10.1525/aa.1956.58.2.02a00060
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1954 Protection afforded by the sickle-cell trait against subtertian malarial infection. Brit. Med. J. 1:290.
- 1954b The distribution of the sickle-cell trait in East Africa and elsewhere and its apparent relationship to the incidence of subtertian malaria. Trans. Roy. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2:34–41.
- 1955 Notes on sickle-cell polymorphism. Annals Eug. 19:39–49.
- 1953 Sickle-cell trait and blood groups in Greece. Lancet 2:909. , , , , and
- 1952 Sickle-cell trait in southern India. Br. Med. J. 1:404. and
- 1949 The incidence of sickle-cell anemia. E. Afr; Med. J. 26:281.
- 1946 Una nuova entitá nosological “la malattia microdrepanocitica”. Haematologica, 29:455. and
- 1955 Evidence concerning the inadequacy of mutation as an explanation of the frequency of the sickle cell gene in the Belgian Congo. Blood 10(4): 341–350, April, 1955. , , , and