On the Processes of Change in Kinship Terminology
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1956 American Anthropological Association
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 551–554, June 1956
How to Cite
Romney, A. K. and Metzger, D. (1956), On the Processes of Change in Kinship Terminology. American Anthropologist, 58: 551–554. doi: 10.1525/aa.1956.58.3.02a00150
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1955 Two processes of change in Mandan-Hidatsa kinship terminology. American Anthropologist 57:840–850. Menasha.
- 1941 Some aspects of culture change in the northern Philippines. American Anthropologist 43:11–18. Menasha.
- 1950 Social organization of the Western Pueblos. Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
- 1955 Social anthropology: methods and results. In: Social Anthropology of North American Tribes. ed. FredEggan, Chicago, University of Chicago Press. pp. 485–551.
- 1952 Changing kinship usages in the setting of political and economic change among the Nayars of Malabar. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 82:71–88. London.
- 1949 Social Structure, New York, Macmillan.
- Wichita kinship: past and present. Norman, Okla., University Book Exchange. and n.d.
- 1947 Changing kinship systems. Anthropological Series, Field Museum of Natural History 33:159–235. Chicago.