Factor Analysis of Ethnographic Data
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1957 American Anthropological Association
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 655–663, August 1957
How to Cite
DRIVER, H. E. and SCHUESSLER, K. F. (1957), Factor Analysis of Ethnographic Data. American Anthropologist, 59: 655–663. doi: 10.1525/aa.1957.59.4.02a00080
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1895 Indianische Sagen von der Nord-Pacifischen Küste Amerikas. Berlin.
- 1950 The principal culture patterns discoverable in the syntal dimensions of existing nations. The Journal of Social Psychology 32:215–253.
- 1951 The dimensions of social change in the U.S.A. as determined by P-technique. Social Forces 30:190–201.
- 1952a Factor analysis. New York, Harper and Brothers.
- 1952b Cultural dimensions of syntality. American Sociological Review 17:408–421.
- 1953 A quantitative analysis of the change in the culture pattern of Great Britain 1837–1937, by P-technique. Acta Psychologica 9:99–121.
- 1945 Reliability of statistical procedures and results. University of California Anthropological Records 8:469–490.
- 1954 Use of cluster analysis with anthropological data. American Anthropologist 56:180–199.
- 1938 The reliability of culture element data. University of California Anthropological Records 1:205–220.
- 1939 Northwest California. University of California Anthropological Records 1:297–433.
- 1941 Girls' puberty rites in western North America. University of California Anthropological Records 6:21–90.
- 1953 Statistics in anthropology. American Anthropologist 55:42–59.
- 1956 An integration of functional, evolutionary, and historical theory by means of correlations. Indiana University Publications in Anthropology and Linguistics, Memoir 12.
- 1937 The Tolowa, and their southwest Oregon kin. University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Ethnology 36:221–300.
- 1937 Machine politics: Chicago model. Chicago. Appendix B.
- 1935 The structure of California Indian culture. University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Ethnology 37:1–70.
- 1939 On certain recent applications of association coefficients to ethnological data. American Anthropologist 41:345–377.
- 1904 Types of Indian culture in California. University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Ethnology 2:81–103.
- 1920 California culture provinces. University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Ethnology 17:151–169.
- 1925 Handbook of the Indians of California. Bureau of American Ethnology Bulletin 78.
- 1939a Cultural and natural areas of native North America. University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Ethnology 38.
- 1939b Local ethnographic and methodological inferences. In Driver 1939:425–429.
- 1948 Anthropology. New York, Harcourt Brace.
- 1954 Juvenile delinquency (Chapter 5). New York.
- 1956 A factor analysis of 16 primitive societies. American Sociological Review 21:493–499. and
- 1936 The inverted factor technique. British Journal of Psychology 26:344–361.
- 1947 Multiple factor analysis. Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
- 1939 Cluster analysis. Ann Arbor, Edwards Brothers.
- 1889 On a method of investigating the development of institutions; applied to laws of marriage and descent. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 18:245–269.