Both authors wish to express their gratitude to the Social Science Research Council for the opportunity to carry out this project: Spiro, for a Faculty Research Fellowship; D'Andrade, for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
A Cross-Cultural Study of Some Supernatural Beliefs1
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1958 American Anthropological Association
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 456–466, June 1958
How to Cite
SPIRO, M. E. and D'ANDRADE, R. G. (1958), A Cross-Cultural Study of Some Supernatural Beliefs. American Anthropologist, 60: 456–466. doi: 10.1525/aa.1958.60.3.02a00050
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1952 Stages in the development of the sense of reality. In First contributions to psychoanalysis. London , Hogart Press.
- 1939 The individual and his society. New York , Columbia University Press.
- 1953 Ghosts: an anthropological inquiry into learning and perception. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 48:376–382.
- 1954 The cross-cultural method. In Handbook of social psychology, Gardner Lindzey ed. Cambridge , Addison-Wesley.
- 1953 Child training and personality: a cross-cultural study. New Haven , Yale University Press. and