This research is part of a project for which financial support was provided by the Social Science Research Council and the Ford Foundation. We are greatly indebted to G. P. Murdock for the generous help mentioned in the paper. A portion of this paper was read at the 1957 con- vention of the American Psychological Association.
Relation of Child Training to Subsistence Economy†
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1959 American Anthropological Association
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 51–63, February 1959
How to Cite
BARRY, H., CHILD, I. L. and BACON, M. K. (1959), Relation of Child Training to Subsistence Economy. American Anthropologist, 61: 51–63. doi: 10.1525/aa.1959.61.1.02a00080
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1957 A cross-cultural survey of some sex differences in socialization. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 55:327–332. , , and
- 1934 Habitat, economy and society. London, Methuen. ,
- 1952 Economic anthropology. New York, Alfred A. Knopf.
- 1957 World ethnographic sample. American Anthropologist 59:664–687.
- 1955 Types of social structure among the lowland tribes of South and Central America. American Anthropologist 57:472–487.
- 1956 Nonparametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill.
- 1955 Theory of culture change. Urbana, University of Illinois Press.
- 1956 Statistics, a new approach. Glencoe, Illinois, Free Press. and