Games in Culture
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1959 American Anthropological Association
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 597–605, August 1959
How to Cite
ROBERTS, J. M., ARTH, M. J. and BUSH, R. R. (1959), Games in Culture. American Anthropologist, 61: 597–605. doi: 10.1525/aa.1959.61.4.02a00050
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1956 Studies in the history of probability and statistics. II. The beginnings of a probability calculus. Biometrika 43:1–14.
- 1959 Some correlates of beliefs in the malevolence and benevolence of supernatural beings A cross-societal study. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 58:162–169. , , and
- 1957 World ethnographic sample. American Anthropologist, 59:664–687.
- 1913 A history of chess. Oxford, Clarendon Press.
- 1879 On the game of patolli in ancient Mexico and its probable Asiatic origin. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 8:116–129.
- 1896 On American lot-games as evidence of Asiatic intercourse before the time of Columbus. Internationales Archiv für Ethnographie 9:55–67.
- 1953 Child training and personality: A cross-cultural study. New Haven, Yale University Press. , and