Avunculocality and Incest: The Development of Unilateral Cross-Cousin Marriage and Crow-Omaha Kinship Systems
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1961 American Anthropological Association
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 747–771, August 1961
How to Cite
EYDE, D. B. and POSTAL, P. M. (1961), Avunculocality and Incest: The Development of Unilateral Cross-Cousin Marriage and Crow-Omaha Kinship Systems. American Anthropologist, 63: 747–771. doi: 10.1525/aa.1961.63.4.02a00050
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1958 Garo avuncular authority and matrilateral cross-cousin marriage. American Anthropologist 60:743–49.
- The Mnong Gar of central Viet Nam In Social structure in Southeast Asia. George PeterMurdock, ed. Viking Fund Publications in Anthropology. In press. n.d.
- 1955 Social anthropology: methods and results. In Social anthropology of North Ameriican tribes. FredEggan, ed. Second edition. Chicago , University of Chicago Press.
- 1956 Review of Marriage, authority, and final causes, by George C. Homans and David M. Schneider. American Sociological Review 21:402–03.
- 1955 Eastern Cherokee social organization. In Social anthropology of North American tribes. FredEggan, ed. University of Chicago Press, Chicago .
- 1951 Amitalocal residence. American Anthropologist 53:427–29.
- 1955 Marriage, authority, and final causes. Glencoe , Illinois , The Free Press. and
- 1959 On the development of Dakota-Iroquois and Crow-Omaha kinship terminologies. Southwestern Journal of Anthropology 15:254–65. and
- 1951 The structural implications of matrilateral cross-cousin marriage. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 81:23–55.
- 1949 Les structures élémentaires de la parenté. Paris , Presses Universitaires de France.
- 1956 A semantic analysis of the Pawnee kinship usage. Language 32:158–94.
- 1917 Culture and ethnology. New York , Douglas McMurtrie.
- 1949 Social structure. New York , The Macmillan Company.
- 1957 World ethnographic sample. American Anthropologist 59:664–87.
- 1959 Africa: its peoples and their culture history. New York , McGraw-Hill.
- 1956 Review of Marriage, authority, and final causes, by George C. Homans and David M. Schneider. American Journal of Sociology LXII:107–8.
- 1959 The formal analysis of prescriptive patrilateral cross-cousin marriage. Southwestern Journal of Anthropology 14:199–219.
- 1955 A Solomon Island society: kinship and leadership among the Siuai of Bougainville. Cambridge , Harvard University Press.
- 1954 Notes on the Panare Indians of Venezuela. Kroeber Anthropological Society Papers: 10.
- 1957 Marriage, affinity, and descent in two Arawakan tribes: a sociolinguistic note. International Journal of American Linguistics 23:284–90.
- 1956 The importance of space in primitive kinship. American Anthropologist 58:854–65.
- 1959 Aspectos sociales de la cultura Panare. (Sociedad de Ciencias Naturales La Salle). Anthropologica VII: 47–62.