Love Magic and Socialization Anxiety: A Cross-Cultural Study
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1962 American Anthropological Association
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 1028–1031, October 1962
How to Cite
SHIRLEY, R. W. and ROMNEY, A. K. (1962), Love Magic and Socialization Anxiety: A Cross-Cultural Study. American Anthropologist, 64: 1028–1031. doi: 10.1525/aa.1962.64.5.02a00100
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1954 Personality determinants of food and sex taboos during pregnancy. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Cambridge, Radcliffe College.
- 1961 Anthropological studies of dreams. In Psychological anthropology, Francis L. K.Hsu, ed Homewood, Illinois, Dorsey Press.
- 1951 Patterns of sexual behavior. New York, Harper Brothers. and
- 1925 Magic, science, and religion. New York, Doubleday (reprinted 1955).
- 1959 Magic and witchcraft: an interpretation from dissonance theory. Southwestern Journal of Anthropology 15:143–67. and
- The oedipus complex: cross-cultural evidence. Glencoe, Illinois, The Free Press. (In press.). n.d.
- 1961 Socialization process and personality. In Psychological anthropology, Francis L. K.Hsu, ed Homewood, Illinois, Dorsey Press.
- 1953 Child training and personality. New Haven, Yale University Press. and