I am indebted to Drs. Martin Baumhoff, Paul Dempsey, and David Olmsted for suggestions and comments. This, however, is not to imply that they are entirely in agreement with the views expressed here.
Unconscious Inference and Cultural Origins1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1963 American Anthropological Association
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 32–35, February 1963
How to Cite
COULT, A. D. (1963), Unconscious Inference and Cultural Origins. American Anthropologist, 65: 32–35. doi: 10.1525/aa.1963.65.1.02a00030
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1955 Theories of perception and the concept of structure. New York, John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- 1955 A test of a model for multiple-choice behavior. Journal of Experimental Psychology 49:97–104.
- 1951 Patterns of sexual behavior. New York, Harper and Bros. and
- 1952 Culture: A critical review of concepts and definitions. Papers of the Peabody Museum of American Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University, vol. 47, no. 1. and
- 1957 Probability learning in children: some exploratory studies. Journal of Genetic Psychology 90:23–32. and
- 1957 Anthropology and human nature. Boston, Porter Sargent.
- 1952 Nominal definitions of “culture.” Philosophy of Science 19:245–56.
- 1960 Development of the perceptual world. New York, Basic Books Inc. and