Cognitive Aspects of English Kin Terms
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1964 American Anthropological Association
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 146–170, June 1964
How to Cite
ROMNEY, A. K. and D'ANDRADE, R. G. (1964), Cognitive Aspects of English Kin Terms. American Anthropologist, 66: 146–170. doi: 10.1525/aa.1964.66.3.02a00870
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1963 A distance model for the American-English kinship system. Unpublished MS.
- 1956 Componential analysis and the study of meaning. Language 32:195–216.
- 1955 The psychology of personal constructs. New York, W. W. Norton.
- 1957 The measurement of meaning. Urbana, University of Illinois Press. , and
- 1943 The kinship system of the contemporary United States. In Parsons, Essays in sociological theory, Glencoe, The Free Press.
- 1958 Theory and methods of scaling. New York, John Wiley.
- 1960 The meaning of kinship terms. American Anthropologist 62:58–79. and