This paper reports research supported by grant M-3821, U. S. Public Health Service; grant G-21.584, National Science Foundation; and contracts under Project Michelson of the Naval Ordnance Test Station.
A Fifth Solution to Galton's Problem1
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1964 American Anthropological Association
Volume 66, Issue 4, pages 863–867, August 1964
How to Cite
Naroll, R. (1964), A Fifth Solution to Galton's Problem. American Anthropologist, 66: 863–867. doi: 10.1525/aa.1964.66.4.02a00090
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1956 A Preliminary Index of Social Development. American Anthropologist 58:687–715.
- 1961a Two Solutions to Galton's Problem. Philosophy of Science 28.16–39.
- 1961b Two Stratified Random Samples for a Cross-Cultural Survey. Mimeographed.
- 1963 Two Further Solutions to Galton's Problem. American Anthropologist, 65.1053–1067. and
- 1953 Statistical Inference. New York: Holt. and