A Typology of Social Structure and the Patterning of Social Institutions: A Cross-Cultural Study
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1965 American Anthropological Association
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 1097–1119, October 1965
How to Cite
Spiro, M. E. (1965), A Typology of Social Structure and the Patterning of Social Institutions: A Cross-Cultural Study. American Anthropologist, 67: 1097–1119. doi: 10.1525/aa.1965.67.5.02a00010
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1961 Matrilineal descent in cross-cultural perspective. In Matrilineal kinship, David M.Schneider and KathleenGough, eds. Berkeley and Los Angeles, University of California Press.
- 1963 The relationship between economic and political development in non-industrialized societies. Ethnology 2: 228–248.
- 1957 World ethnographic sample. American Anthropologist 59: 664–687.