Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1965 American Anthropological Association
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 1508–1511, December 1965
How to Cite
Dalton, P. B. G. (1965), KARL POLANYI. American Anthropologist, 67: 1508–1511. doi: 10.1525/aa.1965.67.6.02a00110
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1935 The essence of Fascism. In Christianity and the social revolution, edited by Polanyi and KitchenPolanyi. London, Victor Gollancz.
- 1937 Europe today, with an introduction by G. D. H. Cole. London, Workers Educational Trade Union Council.
- 1944 The great transformation. New York, Farrar and Rinehart (Paperback, Beacon Press, 1957).
- 1947 Our obsolete market mentality. In Commentary, February, 1947. (reprinted in the Bobbs-Merrill series).
- 1957 Trade and market in the Early Empires (ed. KarlPolanyi, Conrad M.Arensberg, and H. W.Pearson). Glencoe, Illinois, The Free Press.
- Chapters by Polanyi:.
- “Marketless trading in Hammurabi's time.
- “Aristotle discovers the economy”.
- “The economy as instituted process” (reprinted in M. Fried, Readings in Anthroplogy).
- 1960 On the comparative treatment of economic institutions in antiquity with illustrations from Athens, Mycenae and Alalakh. In City invincible, an Oriental Institute Symposium. Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
- 1963 Ports of trade in early societies. In The Journal of Economic History, March, 1963, 30–45.
- 1964 ‘Sorting’ and ‘ounce trade’ in the West African Slave Trade. In The Journal of African History, 3:381–393.
- 1966 Dahomey and the slave trade. In preparation with American Ethnological Society Series, University of Washington Press.