The author gratefully wishes to acknowledge the assistance of Pertti J. Pelto and Patricia M. Robbins in the preparation of the manuscript and to thank Daniel E. Berlyne for reading it and providing additional materials.
Material Culture and Cognition†
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1966 American Anthropological Association
Volume 68, Issue 3, pages 745–748, June 1966
How to Cite
Robbins, M. C. (1966), Material Culture and Cognition. American Anthropologist, 68: 745–748. doi: 10.1525/aa.1966.68.3.02a00100
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1957 Cultural influence on the perception of movement: the trapezoidal illusion among Zulu. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 55:104–113. , and
- 1957 Relationships between child training and the pictorial arts. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 54:380–383.
- 1962 New directions in motivation theory. In Anthropology and human behavior. T.Gladwin and W. C.Sturtevant, eds. Washington, Anthropological Society of Washington, pp. 150–173.
- 1961 Art styles as cultural cognitive maps. American Anthropologist 63:79–93.
- 1963 Ethnographic atlas. Ethnology 2:109–133. and installments in subsequent numbers and volumes. , and
- 1963 Cultural difference in the perception of geometric illusions. Science 139:769–771. , , and
- 1956 Non-parametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill.