This paper is one of a series of reports from a project dealing with sex-role identity being carried on under the direction of John Whiting at the Department of Social Relations, Harvard University. Other papers in this series include Munroe (1964), Burton and Whiting (1961), and Whiting (1964). I should like to thank John Whiting for two years of generous support and intellectual stimulation. I should also like to thank John Adams, Herbert Barry III, Gary Granzberg, Giselle Harrington, R. Lee Munroe, G. P. Murdock, and John Whiting for reading and commenting on earlier drafts of this paper.
SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION in SOCIALIZATION and SOME MALE GENITAL MUTILATIONS1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1968 American Anthropological Association
Volume 70, Issue 5, pages 951–956, October 1968
How to Cite
HARRINGTON, C. (1968), SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION in SOCIALIZATION and SOME MALE GENITAL MUTILATIONS. American Anthropologist, 70: 951–956. doi: 10.1525/aa.1968.70.5.02a00120
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!