The field research for this study was supported by a National Science Foundation Institutional Grant and a grant from the Agricultural Development Council, Inc. We would like to thank both foundations. The senior author would also like to express his gratitude to the Makerere Institute of Social Research, Makerere University College, Kampala, Uganda, for their assistance during his tenure there as a Research Associate in 1967. We would also like to thank Wilifred Kawuma, Philip L. Kilbride, Vicent Matovu, Patricia Robbins, and Richard Sandee for their assistance in the collection and analysis of these materials. John Bregenzer offered comments. A version of this paper was presented at the Central States Anthropological Society Meetings, Detroit, Michigan, 1968.
Drinking Patterns and Acculturation in Rural Buganda1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1969 American Anthropological Association
Volume 71, Issue 2, pages 276–285, April 1969
How to Cite
Robbins, M. C. and Pollnac, R. B. (1969), Drinking Patterns and Acculturation in Rural Buganda. American Anthropologist, 71: 276–285. doi: 10.1525/aa.1969.71.2.02a00070
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication June 26, 1968.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!