I wish to acknowledge the helpful advice of Raoul Naroll and Terrence Tatje of the Department of Anthropology of the State University of New York at Buffalo.
A Comparison of Three Measures of Social Complexity1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1969 American Anthropological Association
Volume 71, Issue 4, pages 706–708, August 1969
How to Cite
Schaefer, J. M. (1969), A Comparison of Three Measures of Social Complexity. American Anthropologist, 71: 706–708. doi: 10.1525/aa.1969.71.4.02a00090
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication 25 January 1969
- Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations 1959 Production yearbook, 1958. Rome.
- 1957 An empirical test of folk-urbanism. Ann Arbor: University Microfilms.
- 1961 Atlas of economic development. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1967 Comparative sociology. New York: Harcourt, Brace, and World.
- 1957 World ethnographic sample. American Anthropologist 59:664–687.
- 1956 A preliminary index of social development. American Anthropologist 58:687–715.
- 1956 Nonparametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company.
- An empirical comparison. In The handbook of method in cultural anthropology. R.Naroll and R.Cohen, eds. New York: The Natural History Press. , and in press Two measures of social complexity: