Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1970 American Anthropological Association
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 9–34, February 1970
How to Cite
WORTH, S. and ADAIR, J. (1970), Navajo Filmmakers. American Anthropologist, 72: 9–34. doi: 10.1525/aa.1970.72.1.02a00050
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication 20 May 1969
- 1967 The Navajo as filmmaker: a brief report of research in the cross-cultural aspects of film communication. American Anthropologist 69:76–78. , and
- 1956 The classification of values: a method and illustration. American Anthropologist 58:221–248.
- 1950 The concept of motion as the psychological leitmotif of Navaho life and literature. Journal of American Folklore 63: 45–56.
- 1952 Introduction to kinesics. Louisville: University of Kentucky Press.
- 1954 Bibliography on filmology as related to the social sciences. Reports and Papers on Mass Communication, No. 9. UNESCO.
- 1964 Three processes in the child's acquisition of syntax. Harvard Educational Review 34:133–151. , and
- 1965 Aspects of the theory of syntax. Cambridge: The M.I.T. Press.
- 1967 Visual anthropology: photography as a research method. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, Inc.
- 1949 Film form: essays in film theory. J.Leyda, ed. and trans. New York: Harcourt, Brace & Co..
- 1965 Communication through nonverbal behavior. In Affect, cognition and personality. S. S.Tomkins and C. E.Izard, eds. New York: Springer Publishing Co.
- 1961 A picture technique for the study of values. American Anthropologist 63:26–47. , and
- 1964 Pictic analysis: toward a vocabulary and syntax for the pictorial code; with research on facial communication. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis. Department of Communication, Michigan State University.
- 1951 Cultural implications of some Navaho linguistic categories. Language 27:111–120.
- 1922 Argonauts of the western Pacific. London: George Routledge & Sons, Ltd.; New York: E. P. Dutton & Co..
- 1910 Navaho myths, prayers, and songs; with texts and translations. P. E.Goddard, ed. California University Publications in American Archeology and Ethnology 5(2), 1907–1910.F. W.Putnam and A. L.Kroeber, eds. Berkeley: The University Press.
- 1966 Developmental psycholinguistics. In The genesis of language. F.Smith and G. A.Miller, eds. Cambridge, Mass. & London: The M.I.T. Press.
- 1966 Dimensionality for the semantic space for communication via facial expressions. Paper presented at Michigan State University, first of a three-part series on the semantics of facial expressions.
- 1950 Navaho religion: a study of symbolism. Bollingen Series XVIII. New York: Pantheon Books, Inc.
- 1942 Navaho texts. (Supplementary texts by Harry Hoijer). H.Hoijer, ed. Linguistic Society of America. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press.
- and 1966 The study of child behavior and development in primitive cultures. Pediatrics 37(1, pt. 2). ,
- 1957 Mythology and values; an analysis of Navaho chantway myths. Memoirs of the American Folklore Society, 48. Philadelphia: American Folklore Society.
- 1966 Film as a non-art; an approach to the study of film. The American Scholar 35: 322–334.
- 1968 Cognitive aspects of sequence in visual communication. AV Communication Review 16:121–145.
- The Navajo make movies: the people depict themselves. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston. , and in press