I am indebted to Charlotte Swanson Otterbein for her helpful comments and criticisms on this paper.
The Developmental Cycle of the Andros Household: A Diachronic Analysis1
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1970 American Anthropological Association
Volume 72, Issue 6, pages 1412–1419, December 1970
How to Cite
Otterbein, K. F. (1970), The Developmental Cycle of the Andros Household: A Diachronic Analysis. American Anthropologist, 72: 1412–1419. doi: 10.1525/aa.1970.72.6.02a00140
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication 28 October 1969.
- 1968 Kinship and social organization: an introduction to theory and method. New York: Macmillan. , and
- 1958 Introduction. In The developmental cycle in domestic groups. JackGoody, ed. Cambridge Papers in Social Anthropology 1.
- 1957 American families. New York: Wiley.
- 1945 The cross-section vs. the historical method in family life cycle analysis. In Studies of rural social organization in the United States, Latin America and Germany. East Lansing: State College Book Store.
- 1963 The household composition of the Andros Islanders. Social and economic studies 12:78–83.
- 1966 The Andros Islanders: a study of family organization in the Bahamas. Lawrence: University of Kansas Press.