The author is indebted to Drs. Harold Keairnes, Carter Marshall, and Gerald Wiechmann and to Mr. Altis Lee Ellis for reading this paper in early draft stages and for making suggestions. The statistical analysis was done by Miss Carol Paul.
Birth Rate and Work Load1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1970 American Anthropological Association
Volume 72, Issue 6, pages 1434–1439, December 1970
How to Cite
Nurge, E. (1970), Birth Rate and Work Load. American Anthropologist, 72: 1434–1439. doi: 10.1525/aa.1970.72.6.02a00180
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication 8 October 1969.
- 1968 The seasonality of vital events in selected cities of Ghana: an analysis of registration data relating to the period 1956–1960. In The population of tropical Africa. John C.Caldwell, and ChukukuOkonjo, eds. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Seasonality of coitus and seasonality of birth. U. S. Children's Bureau (P.H. 300) and Public Health Service (FR-5450-05) Study. Durham, N.C.: University of North Carolina. Mimeographed. , and n.d.
- U. S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
- U. S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare 1966 Seasonal variation of births, United States, 1933–1963. National Center for Health Statistics 21(9):1–10.
- 1970 The contraceptive society. Totawa, N. J.: Bedminster Press.