Cohen's“Conceptual Styles”: A Comment
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1970 American Anthropological Association
Volume 72, Issue 6, pages 1448–1450, December 1970
How to Cite
Glenn, E. S. (1970), Cohen's“Conceptual Styles”: A Comment. American Anthropologist, 72: 1448–1450. doi: 10.1525/aa.1970.72.6.02a00220
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted for publication 28 January 1970.
- 1954 The nature of prejudice. Boston: Addison-Wesley.
- 1969 Conceptual styles, culture conflict, and nonverbal tests of intelligence. American Anthropologist 71:828–856.
- 1960 The use of epistemological models in the analysis of culture. Proceedings of the VIth International Congress of the Anthropological Sciences. Paris: Musée de l'Homme.
- 1963 Walbiri and State Department graphics. American Anthropologist 65:1113–1115.
- 1966a A cognitive approach to the analysis of cultures and of culture change. General Systems 11:115–132.
- 1966b Meaning and behavior, communication and culture. Journal of Communication 16: 248–272.
- 1969a Cognitive structures, culture and social organization. Group Psychology Branch, ONR, and the University of Delaware.
- 1969b New left or new right? In The University and revolution. G. R.Weaver and J. H.Weaver, eds. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.
- 1970 The two faces of nationalism. Comparative Political Studies.
- 1970 A cognitive interaction model for the analysis of conflict in international relations. Journal of Conflict Resolution 14. , , , and
- 1960 Concerning the concept of primitivity. In Culture in history. S.Diamond, ed. New York: Columbia University Press.
- 1966 On culture and conservation. In Studies in cognitive growth. J. S.Bruner, R. R.Oliver, P. M.Greenfield, et al., New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- 1910 Les fonctions mentales dans les sociétés inférieures. Paris: Presses Univérsitaires de France.
- 1922 Mentalité primitive. Paris: Presses Univérsitaires de France.
- 1953 The meeting of East and West. New York: Macmillan.
- Parsons, T., and E. A.Shils, eds. 1951 Toward a general theory of action. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- 1927 Primitive man as philosopher. New York: Macmillan.
- 1953 The world of primitive man. New York: Abelard-Schuman.
- 1963 Lectures on Zen Buddhism. In Zen Buddhism and psychoanalysis. D. T.Suzuki, E.Fromm, and R.deMartino. New York: Harper and Row.
- 1887 Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft. Leipzig. [Reprinted Berlin: K. Curtius, 1926.].
- 1939 Three ways of thought in ancient China. Garden City: Doubleday.
- 1962 Culture and coenition. Science 135: 351–357.
- 1921 The theory of social and economic organization. Tübingen: J. C. B. Mohr. [English translation by T. Parsons, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1947.].
- 1968 Communication analysis and comprehensive diplomacy. In International communication and the new diplomacy. R.Fisher, ed. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- 1965 Psychological factors in Soviet disarmament negotiation. Journal of Conflict Resolution 9:18–36. , and
- 1948 Comparative psychology of mental development. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- 1963 Symbol formation. New York: John Wiley & Sons. , and