The Cure and Feeding of Windigos: A Critique
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1971 American Anthropological Association
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 20–22, February 1971
How to Cite
BROWN, J. (1971), The Cure and Feeding of Windigos: A Critique. American Anthropologist, 73: 20–22. doi: 10.1525/aa.1971.73.1.02a00020
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1965 Psychological theories of Windigo “psychosis” and a preliminary application of a models approach. In Context and meaning in cultural anthropology, pp. 74–99. M. E.Spiro, ed. New York: Free Press.
- 1970 A nutritional factor in Windigo psychosis. American Anthropologist 72: 97–101.
- 1960 Windigo psychosis: a study of a relationship between belief and behavior among the Indians of northeastern Canada. Proceedings of the 1960 Annual Spring Meeting of the American Ethnological Society, Seattle.
- 1871 Letter dated Rossville, Norway House, July 29, 1871. Personal scrapbook.