I wish to thank Dr. Patrick Cleaver, Dr. Morris Sunshine, Dr. George Armelagos, and Dr. Kingsbury Heiple for their assistance and advice in the preparation of this paper.
Methods for the Detection of Census Error in Palaeodemography1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1971 American Anthropological Association
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 101–109, February 1971
How to Cite
LOVEJOY, C. O. (1971), Methods for the Detection of Census Error in Palaeodemography. American Anthropologist, 73: 101–109. doi: 10.1525/aa.1971.73.1.02a00080
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1968 Ecological aspects of palaeodemography. In The skeletal biology of earlier human populations. D. R.Brothwell, ed. London: Pergamon Press. ,
- 1969 The bases of palaeodemography. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 30: 427–438. ,
- 1969 Recent developments in the identification of human skeletal material. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 30: 459–461.
- 1966 An evaluation of race and sex identification from cranial measurements. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 34: 21–27.
- 1960 Social statistics. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- 1963 Digging up bones. London: British Museum (Natural History).
- 1954 Power under normality of several non-parametric tests. Annals of Mathematical Statistics 25: 610–614.
- 1957 Introduction to statistical analysis. New York: McGraw-Hill. , and
- 1962 Human skeletal remains from the Tollifero (Ha6) and Clarksville (Mc14) sites, John H. Kerr Reservoir Basin, Virginia. Washington, D.C.: Bulletin of the Bureau of American Ethnology 182: 329–400. , and
- 1962 The human skeleton in forensic medicine. Springfield, Illinois: C. C. Thomas.
- 1951 The Kolmogorov-Smirnov test for goodness to fit. Journal of the American Statistical Association 46: 68–78.
- 1963 Dentition in the assessment of individual age in skeletal material. In Dental anthropology. D. R.Brothwell, ed. London: Pergamon Press.
- 1956 Nonparametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- 1968 Introduction to demography. Boston: Harvard.
- 1969 The effects of pathology on skeletal populations. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 30: 443–450. ,
- The life table as a research tool in palaeodemography. , and in press