Navajo Categories of Objects at Rest
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1971 American Anthropological Association
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 110–127, February 1971
How to Cite
WITHERSPOON, G. J. (1971), Navajo Categories of Objects at Rest. American Anthropologist, 73: 110–127. doi: 10.1525/aa.1971.73.1.02a00090
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1961 The Navaho. In Matrilineal kinship. David M.Schneider and KathleenGough, eds. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1945 Classificatory verb stems in Apachean languages. International Journal of American Linguistics 11: 13–23.
- 1948 The Apachean verb. Part Iv: Major form classes. International Journal of American Linguistics 14: 247–259.
- 1963 Studies in the Athpaskan languages. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1964 Cultural implications of some Navaho linguistic categories. Language in culture and society. DellHymes, ed. New York: Harper and Row.
- 1951 Navajo grammar. Publication of the American Ethnological Society: Xxi. New York: J. J. Augustin.
- 1963 The phonology and morphology of the Navaho language. University of California Publications: Linguistics 50. , and
- 1970 A new look at Navajo social organization. American Anthropologist 72: 55–65.
- 1943 The Navajo language. Educational Division, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Phoenix, Arizona. , and