I wish to thank the Foreign Area Fellowship Program for a field grant and postdoctoral fellowship which made research among the Betsileo possible.
Social Groups and Kinship Calculation Among the Southern Betsileo1
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1971 American Anthropological Association
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 178–193, February 1971
How to Cite
KOTTAK, C. P. (1971), Social Groups and Kinship Calculation Among the Southern Betsileo. American Anthropologist, 73: 178–193. doi: 10.1525/aa.1971.73.1.02a00130
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1965 Elementary applied statistics. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Subsistence and exchange in cultural adaptation in Madagascar. In Subsistence and exchange systems. EdwinWilmsen, ed. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Museum Series in Anthropology. in press
- 1965 The lineage system of the Mae Enga of New Guinea. New York: Barnes and Noble.