This article was received after Dr. Bender's death and therefore lacks that final pre-publication polish habitually given by us all. Editor.
De Facto Families and De Jure Households in Ondo1
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1971 American Anthropological Association
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 223–241, February 1971
How to Cite
BENDER, D. R. (1971), De Facto Families and De Jure Households in Ondo. American Anthropologist, 73: 223–241. doi: 10.1525/aa.1971.73.1.02a00160
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1960 An inquiry into the nature of the family. In Essays in the science of culture. GertrudeDole and RobertCarneiro, eds. New York: T. C. Crowell.
- 1967 A Refinement of the concept of household: families, co-residence, and domestic functions. American Anthropologist 69: 493–504.
- 1953 The Tiv of Central Nigeria. Ethnographic survey of Africa, Pt. Viii. London: International African Institute. , and
- 1957 An alternative residence classification. American Anthropologist 59: 126–131.
- 1963 Social anthropology. New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Inc.
- 1967 The Kanuri of Bornu. New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Inc.
- 1959 The family: some comparative considerations. American Anthropologist 61: 647–651. , and
- 1936 We the Tikopia. London: Allen and Owin, Ltd.
- 1965 Family in Tikopia. In Comparative family systems. M. F.Nimkoff, ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- 1951 The Yoruba speaking peoples of South-western Nigeria. Ethnographic survey of Africa, West Africa Pt. Iv. London: International African Institute.
- 1965 Town-farm relationships in Yoru-baland: a case study from Oyo. Africa 35: 21–29.
- 1958 Cultural anthropology. New York: Rinehart and Company.
- 1965 Extended kin relations in an industrial democratic society. In Social structure and the family. EthelShanas and Gordon F.Streib, eds. Englewood Cliffs, N. J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- 1955 The Yoruba lineage. Africa 25: 235–251.
- 1962 Yoruba land law. London: Oxford University Press.
- 1966 Agnatic and cognatic descent among the Yoruba. Man 1: 484–500.
- 1913 L'ethnographie en France et a l̂etranger. La Revue de Paris, September-October, pp. 537–560, 815–937.
- 1964 Les Bambara. Ethnographic Survey of Africa, French Series pt. 1, International African Institute. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France.
- 1965 Choiseul island social structure. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1955 Kinship and lineage among the Yoruba. Africa 25: 352–374.
- 1958 The terminology of kinship and marriage among the Yoruba. Africa 28: 301–313.
- 1960 Household and family in the Caribbean. Social and Economic Studies 9: 101.
- 1965 The consanguineal household and matrifocality. American Anthropologist 67: 1541–1549.
- 1962 Parental aid to married children: implications for family functioning. Marriage and Family Living 25: 320–332. , and