Independence Training from a Cross-Cultural Perspective
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1972 American Anthropological Association
Volume 74, Issue 3, pages 629–638, June 1972
How to Cite
YOUNG, N. F. (1972), Independence Training from a Cross-Cultural Perspective. American Anthropologist, 74: 629–638. doi: 10.1525/aa.1972.74.3.02a00260
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1958 Motives in Fantasy, Action, and Society. Princeton: D. Van Nostrand.
- 1961 Independence Training and First Graders' Achievement. Journal of Consulting Psychology 25:149–154.
- 1959 Social Class and Parental Values. American Journal of Sociology 64:337–351.
- 1968 Personal Communication.
- 1961 The Achieving Society. Princeton: D. Van Nostrand.
- 1953 The Achievement Motive. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts. , , , and
- 1965 The Childhood Development of Fear of Failure Motivation. Office of Naval Research, Technical Report No. 15. , and
- 1961 Delay of Gratification, Need for Achievement and Acquiescence in Another Culture. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 62:543–552.
- 1959 Race, Ethnicity, and the Achievement Syndrome. American Sociological Review 24:47–60.
- 1959 The Psychological Origins of Achievement Motivation. Sociometry 22:185–218. , and
- 1957 Patterns of Child Rearing. Evanston: Row, Peterson. , , and
- 1958 The Relation of Need for Achievement to Learning Experiences in Independence and Mastery. In Motives in Fantasy, Action, and Society. JohnAtkinson, Ed. pp. 453–478.