MARK HANNA WATKINS 1903–1976
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1976 American Anthropological Association
Volume 78, Issue 4, pages 889–890, December 1976
How to Cite
Wright, J. W. (1976), MARK HANNA WATKINS 1903–1976. American Anthropologist, 78: 889–890. doi: 10.1525/aa.1976.78.4.02a00140
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1937a A Grammar of Chichewa, a Bantu Language of British Central Africa. Philadelphia: Linguistic Society of America.
- 1937b A Place for Anthropology in the Negro College. Quarterly Review of Higher Education Among Negroes 5:60–61.
- 1943 The West African “Bush” School. American Journal of Sociology 48:666–675.
- Reprinted 1943 In Education and the Cultural Process. Charles S.Johnson, ed. Pp. 38–47. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Reprinted 1950 In Readings in the Science of Human Relations. Solon T.Kimball, ed. Vol. 2, pp. 451–460. University: University of Alabama Press.
- Reprinted 1963 In Education and Culture: Anthropological Approaches. GeorgeSpindler, ed. Pp. 420–443. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- 1945 The Racial Situation in Denver. The Crisis 52:139–140.
- 1946 The Social Role of Color in Haiti. Monthly Summary of Events and Trends in Race Relations 3:250–251.
- 1948 Race, Caste and Class in Haiti. Midwest Journal 1:6–15.
- 1952, Discussion of La Etnohistoria y el Estudio del Negro in México, by Gonzalo Aguirre Beltrán. In Acculturation in the Americas: Proceedings and Selected Papers of the XXIXth International Congress of Americanists. SolTax, ed. Pp. 166–169. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1960a Swahili Phonology, with Special Emphasis on Intonation Patterns. In Report of the Ninth Round Table Meeting on Linguistics and Language Study, 1958. Pp. 25–42. Monograph Series on Languages and Linguistics, No. 11. Washington: Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University.
- 1960b Some Problems of Morphemic Boundaries (Word Division) in the Writing of Kiswahili. In National Conference on Teaching of African and Area Studies. John G.Bordie, ed. Pp. 24–27. Washington: Georgetown University.
- 1962 Bantu Languages. In Encyclopaedia Britannica, 14th edition.
- 1972 Yoruba Phonemics. In Studies in Linguistics in Honor of George L. Trager. M. EstellieSmith, ed. Pp. 380–394. The Hague: Mouton.