Egalitarianism Among Hunters and Gatherers
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1980 American Anthropological Association
Volume 82, Issue 1, pages 116–120, March 1980
How to Cite
CASHDAN, E. A. (1980), Egalitarianism Among Hunters and Gatherers. American Anthropologist, 82: 116–120. doi: 10.1525/aa.1980.82.1.02a00100
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
- Accepted 21 March 1979 Received 28 October 1979
- 1977 Subsistence, Mobility, and Territorial Organization among the Ganakwe of the Northeastern Central Kalahari Game Reserve. Report to the Government of Botswana. Gaborone: Ministry of Local Government and Lands, Botswana.
- The Effects of Food Production on Mobility in the Central Kalahari. In Causes and Consequences of Food Production in Africa. J. DesmondClark and Stephen A.Brandt, eds. Berkeley: University of California Press. In press
- 1978 The Learning Environment for Aggression and Anti-Social Behavior among the !Kung. In Learning Non-Aggression. AshleyMontagu ed. pp. 31–53. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1969 Eating Christmas in the Kalahari. Natural History 78(December): 14–22, 60–63.
- 1961 Sharing, Talking and Giving:. The Relief of Social Tensions among the !Kung Bushmen, Africa 31:231–249.
- 1965 Report to the Government of Bechuanaland on the Bushman Survey. Gaborone: Botswana Government Printer.
- 1972 The G/wi Bushmen. In Hunters and Gatherers Today. M. G.Bicchieri ed. pp. 271–325. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- 1969 The Ecology and Social Structure of Central Kalahari Bushmen; a Preliminary Report. In African Studies III. T.Umesao ed. pp. 1–20. Kyoto: Kyoto University Press.
- 1976 Subsistence Ecology of Central Kalahari San. In Kalahari Hunter-Gatherers: Studies of the !Kung San and their Neighbours. Richard B.Lee and IrvenDeVore eds. pp. 98–119.Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- 1977 Hxaro: A Regional System of Reciprocity for Reducing Risk among the !Kung San. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan.