when talk isn't cheap: language and political economy
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1989 American Anthropological Association
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 248–267, May 1989
How to Cite
IRVINE, J. T. (1989), when talk isn't cheap: language and political economy. American Ethnologist, 16: 248–267. doi: 10.1525/ae.1989.16.2.02a00040
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!