Complicity and Imitation in Storytelling: A Pragmatic Folklorist's Perspective
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1986 American Anthropological Association
Volume 1, Issue 2, pages 223–237, May 1986
Total views since August 2010: 3
How to Cite
Abrahams, R. D. (1986), Complicity and Imitation in Storytelling: A Pragmatic Folklorist's Perspective. Cultural Anthropology, 1: 223–237. doi: 10.1525/can.1986.1.2.02a00070
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1983 The Man-of-Words in the West Indies. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1984 Folktales and Event-Centered Analysis: Anansi Stories on St. Vincent. In Le Conte: Pourquoi? Comment? Folktales … Why and How. Pp. 485–510. Paris: Editions du CNRS.
- 1985 Pragmatism and the Folklore of Experience. Western Folklore. Vol. XLIV. Pp. 324–332.
- 1972 Steps to an Ecology of Mind. San Francisco: Chandler & Sharp.
- 1984 Verbal Art as Performance. Chicago: Waveland Press.
- in press Story, Performance and Event: Contextual Studies in Oral Narrative. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 1984 The Seven Varieties of Tradition: Its Meaning in American Folklore Studies. Journal of the Folklore Institute 21:97–131.
- 1984 Bluegrass Breakdown. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
- 1979 The Printing Press as an Agent of Change. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press.
- 1980 Folklore by the Fireside. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- 1985 Oral Formulaic Theory and Research: An Introduction and Annotated Bibliography. New York: Garland Publishing.
- 1983 Local Knowledge. New York: Basic Books.
- 1982 Passing the Time in Ballymenone: Culture and History of an Ulster Community. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 1941 The Myth of the Negro Past. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Hobsbawm, Eric and TerenceRanger, eds. 1983 The Invention of Tradition. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Hollinger, Robert, ed. 1985 Hermeneutics and Praxis. Notre Dame, Indiana: University of Notre Dame Press.
- 1981 The Politics of Representation. In Allegory and Representation. Stephen A.Greenblatt, ed. Pp. 163–183. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1970 The Meaning of Truth. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. (1906).
- 1968 Folksong Style and Culture. Washington, DC: American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- 1960 Singer of Tales. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- 1974 Uncovering Ritual Structures in Afro-American Music. In Religious Movements in Contemporary America. Irving I.Zaretsky and Mark P.Leone, eds. Pp. 60–134. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- 1985 Italian Folktales in America: The Verbal Art of an Immigrant Woman. Detroit: Wayne State University Press. and
- 1967 The Presence of the Word. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- 1984 Theory in Anthropology Since the Sixties. Comparative Studies in Society and History 26(1):126–166.
- 1983 Cowives and Calabashes. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- 1983 First-Time. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1983 The Flash of the Spirit. New York: Random House.
- 1983 Keywords. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1966 The Art of Memory. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.