Protestant Theories and Anthropological Knowledge: Convergent Models in the Ecuadorian Sierra
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
1993 American Anthropological Association
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 246–267, May 1993
Total views since August 2010: 1
How to Cite
Maynard, K. (1993), Protestant Theories and Anthropological Knowledge: Convergent Models in the Ecuadorian Sierra. Cultural Anthropology, 8: 246–267. doi: 10.1525/can.1993.8.2.02a00060
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2009
- 1987 God and Production in a Guatemalan Town. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- 1936 Naven. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 1982 Colonial Evangelism. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- 1967 The Sacred Canopy. Garden City: Doubleday.
- 1966 The Social Construction of Reality. Garden City: Doubleday. and
- 1979 The Possibility of Naturalism. Atlantic Highlands: Humanities.
- 1986 “Moved by the Spirit”: Constructing Meaning in a Brethren Breaking of Bread Service. Text 6:317–337.
- 1977 Outline of a Theory of Practice. Cambridge Studies in Anthropology No. 16. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 1990 The Logic of Practice. R.Nice, trans. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- 1990 Acts of Meaning. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- 1960 Faith. In Bible Key Words. From Gerhard Kittel's Theologisches Worterbuch zum Neuen Testament. Volume 3. D.Burton, P.Ackroyd, and A.Harvey, trans. and eds. Pp. ix–125. New York: Harper. , and
- 1991 Of Revelation and Revolution: Christianity, Colonialism and Consciousness in South Africa. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. , and
- 1929 Experience and Nature. 2d edition. La Salle: The Open Court.
- 1986 Essays on Individualism: Modern Ideology in Anthropological Perspective. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1940 The Nuer. Oxford: Clarendon.
- 1963 A Conception of, and Experiments with, “Trust” as a Condition of Stable Concerted Actions. In Motivation and Social Interaction. O. J.Harvey, ed. Pp. 187–238. New York: Ronald.
- 1979 Central Problems in Social Theory. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1984 The Constitution of Society. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1990 The Consequences of Modernity. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- 1991 Modernity and Self-Identity. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- 1963 Stigma: Notes on the Management of Spoiled Identity. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.
- 1988 Nationalism and the Politics of Culture in Quebec. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press.
- 1991 Representing Fundamentalism: The Problem of the Repugnant Cultural Other. Social Research 58:373–393.
- 1988 The Bishop's Progress: A Historical Ethnography of Catholic Missionary Experience on the Sepik Frontier. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.
- 1983 Reading The Nuer. Current Anthropology 24:481–503. , and
- 1961  Argonauts of the Western Pacific. New York: E. P. Dutton.
- 1988 On Protestants and Pastoralists: The Segmentary Nature of Socio-Cultural Organization. Man 23:101–117.
- 19651966 Collected Papers of Charles Sanders Peirce. Volume 6. C.Hartshorne and P.Weiss, eds. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- 1958 Personal Knowledge. Chicago: University of Chicago.
- Schneider, Jane, and ShirleyLindenbaum, eds. 1987. Special Issue: Frontiers of Christian Evangelism. American Ethnologist 14(1).
- 1964 Studies in Social Theory. Collected Papers, Volume 2. A.Broderson, ed. The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff.
- 1973 The Structures of the Life-World. R.Zaner and H. T.Engelhardt, Jr., trans. Evanston, Ill.: Northwestern University Press. , and
- 1971 Persistent Cultural Systems. Science 174:795–800.
- 1970 Introduction. In Alfred Schutz on Phenomenology and Social Relations. H.Wagner, ed. Pp. 1–50. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1953 Faith. In A Theological Word Book of the Bible. A.Richardson, ed. Pp. 75–76. New York: Macmillan.