The Body's Insistence on Meaning: Metaphor as Presentation and Representation in Illness Experience
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
1992 American Anthropological Association
Medical Anthropology Quarterly
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 323–346, December 1992
How to Cite
Kirmayer, L. J. (1992), The Body's Insistence on Meaning: Metaphor as Presentation and Representation in Illness Experience. Medical Anthropology Quarterly, 6: 323–346. doi: 10.1525/maq.1992.6.4.02a00020
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!