Life Stories, Disclosure and the Law
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2008
PoLAR: Political and Legal Anthropology Review
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 70–82, November 1997
How to Cite
McKinley, M. (1997), Life Stories, Disclosure and the Law. PoLAR: Political and Legal Anthropology Review, 20: 70–82. doi: 10.1525/pol.19184.108.40.206
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2008
- 1991 "Global Ethnoscapes: Notes and Queries for a Transnational Anthropology." Richard Fox, Recapturing Anthropology: Working in the Present pp. 191–210. Santa Fe : SAR Press..
- 1993 Writing Women's Worlds Berkeley : University of California Press.
- 1986 Story, Performance, and Event: Contextual Studies of Oral Narrative. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1992 "A Life Story to Take Across the Border: Notes on an Exchange." Rosenwald and Ochberg, Storied Lives: The Cultural Politics of Self-Understanding, pp. 108–123. New Haven : Yale University Press..
- 1979 African Rhythm and African Sensibility. Chicago : University of Chicago Press.
- 1980 Tuhami: Portrait of a Moroccan. Chicago : University of Chicago Press.
- 1989 Unruly Practices: Power Discourse and Gender in Contemporary Social Theory. Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press.
- 1989 Essentially Speaking: Feminism, Nature & Difference . New York : Routledge Chapman & Paul..
- 1994 Medicine, Rationality, and Experience: An Anthropological Perspective. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1993 Life Stories: The Creation of Coherence. New York : Oxford University Press..
- 1992 Rebellious Lawyering: One Chicano's Vision of Progressive Law Practice. Boulder : Westview Press.
- 1993 The Narrated Self: Life Stories in Process." Ethos 21 (4):367–383. and .
- Personal Narratives Group eds. 1989 Interpreting Women's Lives: Feminist Theory and Personal Narratives. Bloomington : Indiana University Press.
- 1976 "Tukbaw's Story: 'They Listen as He Orates.'" Reynolds and Capps, The Biographical Process: Studies in the History and Psychology of Religion, pp. 121–152. The Hague : Mouton..
- 1991 "A Third World Woman's Text: Between the Politics of Criticism and Cultural Politics." ShernaGluck and DaphnePatai, Womens Words: The Feminist Practice of Oral History, pp. 93–106 New York : Routledge, Chapman & Paul..
- 1993 In the Realm of the Diamond Queen. Princeton : Princeton University Press.
- 1981 Spheres of Justice: A Defense of Pluralism and Equality. New York : Basic Books.