An earlier version of this paper was presented at the annual meeting of the Rural Sociological Society, Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 15–19, 2001. A grant from the USDA's Fund for Rural America supported the research. Duncan Hilchey, Heidi Mouillesseaux-Kunzman, Chris Lewis, and Kathy Kremer made valuable contributions in the organization and execution of the study. We appreciate the comments and advice of Kerry Agnitsch, Beth Barham, Cornelia Flora, Will Goudy, Fred Lorenz, Tom Lyson, Steve Sapp, the editor of Rural Sociology and the anonymous reviewers. Mistakes and omissions that remain are our responsibility. Address correspondence to Clare Hinrichs, 310 East Hall, Dept. of Sociology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Learning and Innovation at Retail Farmers' Markets*
Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2009
2004 Rural Sociological Society
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 31–58, March 2004
How to Cite
Hinrichs, C. C., GUlespie, G. W. and Feenstra, G. W. (2004), Social Learning and Innovation at Retail Farmers' Markets. Rural Sociology, 69: 31–58. doi: 10.1526/003601104322919892
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!