An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2001 annual meeting of the Rural Sociological Society. The authors acknowledge support from the National Science Foundation and the helpful comments of Mark Nord, Diane McLaughlin, Joachim Singelman, Jim Moody, Benjamin Cornwell, and the editor and anonymous reviewers of Rural Sociology. Please direct correspondence to J. Brian Brown, Department of Sociology, 300 Bricker Hall, 190 N. Oval Mall, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poverty, Welfare, and the Livelihood Strategies of Nonmetropolitan Single Mothers*
Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2009
2004 Rural Sociological Society
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 282–301, June 2004
How to Cite
Brown, J. B. and Lichter, D. T. (2004), Poverty, Welfare, and the Livelihood Strategies of Nonmetropolitan Single Mothers. Rural Sociology, 69: 282–301. doi: 10.1526/003601104323087615
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!