ELIZABETH BIRR MOJE is an associate professor of educational studies at the University of Michigan. In her current research, she studies the literacy, cultural, and identity practices of youth in the southwest Detroit community, and she works with school and community members to develop productive school and social spaces and practices for urban youth. She may be contacted at the University of Michigan, 610 E. University, 1302 SEB, Ann Arbor, MI 481091259, USA, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working toward third space in content area literacy: An examination of everyday funds of knowledge and Discourse
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
2004 International Reading Association
Reading Research Quarterly
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 38–70, January/February/March 2004
How to Cite
MOJE, E. B., CIECHANOWSKI, K. M., KRAMER, K., ELLIS, L., CARRILLO, R. and COLLAZO, T. (2004), Working toward third space in content area literacy: An examination of everyday funds of knowledge and Discourse. Reading Research Quarterly, 39: 38–70. doi: 10.1598/RRQ.39.1.4
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Final revision received July 11, 2003; Accepted July 18, 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!