JAMES V. HOFFMAN is a professor of Language and Literacy studies at the University of Texas at Austin. Hoffman's research has focused on teaching and teacher education. He served as chair of the International Reading Association's Commission on Excellence in Elementary Teacher Preparation in Reading. He can be contacted at the University of Texas at Austin, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, SZB 406, Austin, TX 78712, USA, or by e-mail at Jhoffman@mail.utexas.edu.
Achieving the goal of a quality teacher of reading for every classroom: Divest, test, or invest?
Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2011
2004 International Reading Association
Reading Research Quarterly
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 119–128, January/February/March 2004
How to Cite
HOFFMAN, J. V. (2004), Achieving the goal of a quality teacher of reading for every classroom: Divest, test, or invest?. Reading Research Quarterly, 39: 119–128. doi: 10.1598/RRQ.39.1.8
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!