Published on the Web 4/28/2009.
Acute effects of the antibiotic oxytetracycline on the bacterial community of the grass shrimp, Palaemonetes pugio†
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2009 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 28, Issue 12, pages 2715–2724, December 2009
How to Cite
Uyaguari, M., Key, P., Moore, J., Jackson, K. and Scott, G. (2009), Acute effects of the antibiotic oxytetracycline on the bacterial community of the grass shrimp, Palaemonetes pugio. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 28: 2715–2724. doi: 10.1897/08-514.1
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2008
- 62002. The Antibiotic Paradox: How Misuse of Antibiotics Destroys Their Curative Powers. Perseus, Cambridge, MA, USA..
- 82003. Occurrence of antibiotics in water from fish hatcheries. Toxic Substance Hydrology Program. Technical Report. USGS FS-120–02. U.S. Geological Survey, Lawrence, KS., , .
- 10National Association of Clean Water Agencies. 2005. Pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the environment: A white paper on options for the wastewater treatment community. Washington, DC, USA.
- 111999. Characterization and management of effluents from aquaculture ponds in the Southeastern United States. Southern Regional Final Report. Aquaculture Center, Stoneville, MS, USA., , , .
- 171993. The use of antibacterial agents in Norwegian aquaculture: Residue analysis and environmental impact. PhD thesis. University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway..
- 23Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. 2003. Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing. MIC Testing Supplemental Tables. M100-S13 (M7). Wayne, PA, USA.
- 251992. Shrimp antimicrobial testing. II. Toxicity testing and safety determination for twelve antimicrobials with penaeid shrimp larvae. J Aquat Anim Health 4: 262–270., , .
- 262001. Preparation of buffers and stock solutions for use in molecular biology. In SambrookJ, RussellD, eds, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 3rd ed, Vol 3. Appendix 1. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, pp A1.7–A1.8., .
- 302008. Laboratory Experiments in Microbiology. Benjamin Cummings Publishing, Menlo Park, CA, USA., .
- 391997. Antibiotic sensitivity and pathogenicity of Aeromonas and Vibrio isolates in Indonesia. In FlegelTW, MacRaeIH, eds, Diseases in Asian Aquaculture III: Fish Health Section. Asian Fisheries Society, Manila, Philippines, pp 339–347..
- 492001. Accumulation of oxytetracycline in white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei and its stability in artificial diets. The World Aquaculture (CENAIM-ESPOL) 8: 34–37., .
- 502003. Antibiotic accumulation in shrimp pond sediments. Technical Report. April: 78–81. Global Aquaculture Advocate. Global Aquaculture Alliance, St Louis, MO, USA., .