Published on the Web 8/14/2009.
Letters to the Editor
Environmental safety aspects of personal care products—A European perspective†
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2009 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 28, Issue 12, pages 2485–2489, December 2009
How to Cite
Tolls, J., Berger, H., Klenk, A., Meyberg, M., Beiersdorf, A., Müller, R., Rettinger, K. and Steber, J. (2009), Environmental safety aspects of personal care products—A European perspective. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 28: 2485–2489. doi: 10.1897/09-104.1
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2010
- 1UmbachW, ed. 2004. Kosmetik und Hygiene von Kopf bis Fuß. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany.
- 2European Commission. 1976. Council Directive of 27 July 1976 on the approximation of the laws of the member states relating to cosmetic products (76/768/EEC), OJ L 262, 27.9.1976, p 169, in its most recent version (currently 16.02.2008). Paris, France.
- 3European Commission. 2006. Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). Official J European Union L :136/3, 29.5.2007, Brussels, Belgium.
- 4European Commission. 2003. 2nd edition of the technical guidance document in support of Commission Directive 93/67/EEC on risk assessment for new notified substances and Commission Regulation (EC) 1488/94 on risk assessment for existing substances (1996). Office for Publications, Luxembourg.
- 5KarsaDR, PorterMR, eds. 1995. Biodegradability of Surfactants. Blackie Academic, London, UK.
- 6SmuldersE, ed. 2002. Laundry Detergents. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany.
- 71995. Environmental risk characterisation of 4 major surfactants used in the Netherlands. RIVM Report 679101 025. National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands., .
- 8European Centre for Ecotoxicology and Toxicology of Chemicals. 2003. Environmental risk assessment of difficult substances. Technical Report 88. Brussels, Belgium.