Supported by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine General Clinical Research Center Grant M01RR00052.
Circulating Inflammatory Cytokine Expression in Men With Prostate Cancer Undergoing Androgen Deprivation Therapy
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2006 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 725–728, November-December 2006
How to Cite
Maggio, M., Blackford, A., Taub, D., Carducci, M., Ble, A., Metter, E. J., Braga-Basaria, M., Dobs, A. and Basaria, S. (2006), Circulating Inflammatory Cytokine Expression in Men With Prostate Cancer Undergoing Androgen Deprivation Therapy. Journal of Andrology, 27: 725–728. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.106.000141
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication March 21, 2006; accepted for Publication June 8, 2006
- Long-term effects of androgen deprivation therapy in prostate cancer patients. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002;56: 779–786. , , , , , , .
- Influence of testosterone therapy on clinical and immunological features of autoimmune diseases associated with Klinefelter's syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1987; 64: 32–36. , , , , , .
- Effect of estrogen versus testosterone on circulating osteoprotegerin and other cytokine levels in normal elderly men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87: 1550–1554. , , , .
- Cancer statistics, 1999. CA Cancer J Clin. 1999;49: 8–31. , , , .
- Correlation between testosterone and the inflammatory marker soluble interleukin-6 receptor in older men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91: 345–347. , , , , , , , , .
- The effect of testosterone replacement on endogenous inflammatory cytokines and lipid profiles in hypogonadal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89: 3313–3318. , , , , , .
- Immediate hormonal therapy compared with observation after radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy in men with node-positive prostate cancer. N Engl J Med. 1999;341: 1781–1788. , , , , , .
- Elevation of cytokine levels in cachectic patients with prostate carcinoma. Cancer. 2003;97: 1211–1216. , , , , , .
- Changes in body composition during androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87: 599–603. , , , , , , .
- Effects of gonadectomy and sex hormone therapy on the endotoxin-stimulated hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis: evidence for a neuroendocrine-immunological sexual dimorphism. Endocrinology. 1992;131: 2430–2436. , , , , .
- Cytokine variations in patients with hormone treated prostate cancer. J Urol. 2000;164: 722–725. , , , .