This work was supported by P42ES013660 Superfund Basic Research Program (NIEHS).
The Sycp1-Cre Transgenic Mouse and Male Germ Cell Inhibition of NF-κB
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2006 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 729–733, November-December 2006
How to Cite
Rasoulpour, R. J. and Boekelheide, K. (2006), The Sycp1-Cre Transgenic Mouse and Male Germ Cell Inhibition of NF-κB. Journal of Andrology, 27: 729–733. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.106.000950
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication January 2, 2006; accepted for Publication June 12, 2006
- Embryonic lethality and liver degeneration in mice lacking the RelA component of NF-kappa B. Nature. 1995;376: 167–170. , , , , .
- Different thermostabilities of FLP and Cre recombinases: implications for applied site-specific recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24: 4256–4262. , , , , .
- Primary spermatocyte-specific Cre recombinase activity in transgenic mice. Transgenic Res. 2004;13: 289–294. , , , .
- IκB-kinaseb-dependent NF-κB activation provides radioprotection to the intestinal epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101: 2452–2457. , , , , , , , , .
- How NF-κB is activated: the role of the IκB kinase (IKK) complex. Oncogene. 1999;18: 6867–6874. .
- The IKKβ subunit of IκB kinase (IKK) is essential for nuclear factor κB activation and prevention of apoptosis. J Exp Med. 1999;189: 1839–1845. , , , , , , , .
- IKKβ is required for peripheral B cell survival and proliferation. J Immunol. 2003;170: 4630–4637. , , , , .
- A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29: e45. .
- Expression of a K48R mutant ubiquitin protects mouse testis from cryptorchid injury and aging. Am J Pathol. 2003;163: 2595–2603. , , , .
- Transvection effects involving DNA methylation during meiosis in the mouse. EMBO J. 2002;21: 440–450. , , .
- Histological and Histopathological Evaluation of the Testis. Clearwater, Fl: Cache River Press; 1990. .
- cDNA sequence of the murine synaptonemal complex protein 1 (SCP1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1263: 258–260. , , , .
- Temporal and spatial control of the Sycp1 gene transcription in the mouse meiosis: regulatory elements active in the male are not sufficient for expression in the female gonad. Mech Dev. 1999;80: 29–39. , , , , , .
- Cre expression in primary spermatocytes: a tool for genetic engineering of the germ line. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;51: 274–280. , , , .
- Engineering chromosomal rearrangements in mice. Nat Rev Genet. 2001;2: 780–790. , .