Supported by a grant from Bologna University (60%).
Sperm Sorting Procedure Induces a Redistribution of Hsp70 but Not Hsp60 and Hsp90 in Boar Spermatozoa
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2006 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 899–907, November-December 2006
How to Cite
Spinaci, M., Volpe, S., Bernardini, C., de Ambrogi, M., Tamanini, C., Seren, E. and Galeati, G. (2006), Sperm Sorting Procedure Induces a Redistribution of Hsp70 but Not Hsp60 and Hsp90 in Boar Spermatozoa. Journal of Andrology, 27: 899–907. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.106.001008
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication June 13, 2006; accepted for Publication July 24, 2006
- Characterization of spermatozoa surface antigens by antisperm antibodies and its influence on acrosomal exocytosis. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2003;50: 411–419. , .
- Viability and DNA fragmentation in differently sorted boar spermatozoa. Theriogenology. In press. , , , .
- Seminal antibodies to human 60 kd heat shock protein (HSP 60) in male partners of subfertile couples. Hum Reprod. 2002;17: 726–735. , , , , , , .
- Post-testicular development of a novel membrane substructure within the equatorial segment of ram, bull, boar, and goat spermatozoa as viewed by atomic force microscopy. J Struct Biol. 2002;138: 187–198. , , , , , , .
- Flow cytometric sexing of mammalian sperm. Theriogenology. 2006;65: 943–957. .
- Effect of Hoechst 33342 staining and laser illumination on viability of sex-sorted bovine sperm. Theriogenology. 2002;57: 746. , .
- Protein folding in the cell. Nature. 1992;355: 33–45. , .
- Production of piglets with sexed semen employing a non-surgical insemination technique. Theriogenology. 2005;63: 2269–2277. , , , .
- Flow cytometric sperm sorting: effects of varying laser power on embryo development in swine. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;61: 87–92. , , , , .
- Substantial decrease of heat-shock protein 90 precedes the decline of sperm motility during cooling of boar spermatozoa. Theriogenology. 1999;51: 1007–1016. , , , , , , , .
- Association of heat shock protein 70 with semen quality in boars. Anim Reprod Sci. 2000a;63: 231–240. , , , , , , .
- The decline of porcine sperm motility by geldanamycin, a specific inhibitor of heat-shock protein 90 (HSP90). Theriogenology. 2000b;53: 1177–1184. , , , , , , , .
- Sex preselection in swine: altered sex ratios in offspring following surgical insemination of flow sorted X- and Y bearing sperm. Reprod Dom Anim. 1991;26: 309–314. .
- Sexing mammalian sperm for production of offspring: the state-of-the-art. Anim Reprod Sci. 2000;60–61: 93–107. .
- Modification of a laser-based flow cytometer for high resolution DNA analysis of mammalian spermatozoa. Cytometry. 1986;7: 268–273. , .
- Preselection of sex of offspring in swine for production: current status of the process and its application. Theriogenology. 2005;63: 615–624. , , , , .
- Sex pre-selection: high-speed flow cytometric sorting of X and Y sperm for maximum efficiency. Theriogenology. 1999;52: 1323–1341. , .
- The effects of antibodies to heat shock protein 70 in fertilization and embryo development. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7: 829–837. , , , , .
- Chlortetracycline analysis of boar spermatozoa after incubation, flow cytometric sorting, cooling, or cryopreservation. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;46: 408–418. , .
- Physiology of spermatozoa at high dilution rates: the influence of seminal plasma. Theriogenology. 1999;52: 1353–1362. , .
- The relationship between membrane status and fertility of boar spermatozoa after flow cytometric sorting in the presence or absence of seminal plasma. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1998;10: 433–440. , , , , .
- Viability and membrane integrity of spermatozoa after dilution and flow cytometric sorting in the presence or absence of seminal plasma. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1996;8: 1165–1178. , , .
- Progress and perspectives on the biology of heat shock proteins and molecular chaperones. In: Morimoto RI, Tissieres A., Georgopoulos C., eds. The Biology of Heat Shock Proteins and Molecular Chaperones. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press; 1994: 1–30. , , .
- Influence of storage time on functional capacity of flow cytometrically sex-sorted boar spermatozoa. Theriogenology. 2005;64: 86–98. , , , , , , .
- In vitro production of sexed embryos for gender preselection: high-speed sorting of X-chromosome-bearing sperm to produce pigs after embryo transfer. J Anim Sci. 1999;77: 3346–3352. , , , , , .
- Birth of female piglets following intrauterine insemination of a sow using flow cytometrically sexed boar semen. Vet Rec. 2003;152: 400–401. , , .
- The role of molecular chaperones in mitochondrial protein import and folding. Int Rev Cytol. 1997;174: 127–193. , , , , .
- Use of heterospermic insemination with fetal sex as the genetic marker to study fertility of sexed semen. Theriogenology. 2003;59: 515. , , .
- Current status of sexing mammalian spermatozoa. Reproduction. 2002;124: 733–743. , .
- Effect of staining and sorting on boar sperm membrane integrity, mitochondrial activity and in vitro blastocyst development. Theriogenology. 2005a;64: 191–201. , , , , , .
- Immunolocalization of heat shock protein 70 (Hsp 70) in boar spermatozoa and its role during fertilization. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005b;72: 534–541. , , , , , , .
- High pressure flow cytometric sorting damages sperm. Theriogenology. 2005;64: 1035–1048. , , .
- Motility characteristics and fertilizing capacity of boar spermatozoa stained with Hoechst 33342. Reprod Domest Anim. 2002;37: 369–374. , , , , , .
- Comparative immunolocalization of heat shock proteins Hsp60, Hsp70, Hsp90 in boar, stallion, dog and cat spermatozoa. Reprod Domest Anim Abstr Ser. In press. , , , , , .
- Mammalian stress response: cell physiology, structure/function of stress proteins, and implications for medicine and disease. Physiol Rev. 1992;72: 1063–1081. .
- Mammalian Fertilization. In: Knobil E., Neill JK, eds. The Physiology of Reproduction. New York: Raven Press. 1994. .